Looking for Home

Posted on
  • Hi all,
    I am arriving in Bath at the beginning of March, from Australia, to take up a job at RUH.

I am looking for somewhere to live, as the hospital accomodation is like student hall digs, and the only place that I thought I had, fell through as they wanted someone from end of Jan!

So if anyone knows of rooms etc available, please leave a message.

I'm clean, tidy and will make a great training partner too.

• Hey @SecretCritPro thanks for joining!

I live just around the corner from the RUH but much of the accommodation nearby are family homes. You might get lucky but if you're looking for something smaller (1-2 bed) then you might want to try Grovsenor Place, Camden Crescent, The Paragon.

Depending on your budget then you might want to try Curo, a local housing association that do brilliant, affordable housing. A friend of mine is renting a 1 bed flat in the Royal Crescent from them at a very reasonable cost.

For flat sharing: Gumtree is the place to be in Bath or SpareRoom. Friends say that putting an add selling yourself on Gumtree and SpareRoom is a good idea because landlords are pretty proactive about finding people.

• HI @BenJam thanks for the quick response.

Great information, I'll follow it up. Experience of these things usually means they want to see you before you get something, and a little too risky to leave one country for another without a home.

• When we moved here from Auckland we took a 2 week AirBnB here while we sorted out a house, a car and (for her) a job! It's not too difficult to take the plunge.

• Sadly I am fast running out of time, finances won't allow for the above suggestion. Heavy costs involved with relocating from Perth, not in a particularly high paying job (NHS) Most of the links you provided are for people in the UK right now, and have lead time of 6/8 weeks.

Looks like student digs aka staff accommodation.

• Yeah, I've lived in those (in Shrewsbury). My other half is a Dr.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Looking for Home

Posted by Avatar for SecretCritPro @SecretCritPro

Actions